Saturday, January 05, 2008

Under My Coat is the Truth-- in an elevator

The year 2008 begins with some wonderful news. My short play, Under My Coat is the Truth, has been selected for production by Specific Gravity Ensemble as part of Elevator Plays 2: Beyond the Norm.

For four weeks in January and February, this production takes over the historic Starks Building in downtown Louisville, staging 24 plays inside of the building's elevators.

Having worked on the original Elevator Plays: Ascent-Descent/Assent-Dissent project last year (they did a wonderful job with my piece, New Orleans: December 26, 2005) and in the fall on a truly moving production of The Most Beautiful Lullaby You've Ever Heard, I'm thrilled to be working again with Specific Gravity Ensemble on such a fun and innovative project.



ROMERO