Monday, January 07, 2008

TWO BUBBLES Selected for Publication

My ten-minute play, TWO BUBBLES, has recently been selected for publication by Playscripts, Inc.

Originally written overnight (from midnight until 6 am) as part of Audacity Productions and Rover Dramawerks 24-Hour play project, One (More) Day Only, I am thrilled that this play is headed for publication.

The good people of Playscripts tell me it will likely be published in an anthology of "outstanding short plays"-- something kind of like this.

Big thank yous to Audacity Productions and Rover Dramawerks for giving me a reason to write this play, to Jenae Yerger for giving me a place to sleep when I was done writing, and to all of the folks who made that first production happen in a really fun way. Additional thanks to rm 120 theatre, Cliff Diver Productions, and the awesome people who worked on the FronteraFest production of this play, City Theater Company (Wilmington DE) for producing the play a year later, and to Actor's Theatre of Louisville for selecting the play as a finalist for the 2003 Heideman Award.

And lastly, thanks to the wonderful people (Andrew H. Beal, Matt Dell'Olio, Felicia Leicht, Adrienne Mackey, Andrew Merkel, Sara Pauley, Cherie A. Roberts, Sarah P. Robinson, and Jeff Swearingen) in Philadelphia who came over to my publication party, helping me put the last touches on the final version of the script.


----
ROMERO