Wednesday, January 10, 2018

BULLDOZERS at the Inge Festival

My experimental short play, Bulldozers, has been selected for the New Play Lab at the William Inge Theater Festival in May 2018.

An annual event held in Independence, Kansas, I look forward to the learning experience, to meeting more theater artists, and to getting to know a new place. This year's festival is honoring Carlyle Brown, whose work I admire and respect, and I feel very fortunate for the opportunity to celebrate and meet him.  And I am excited to learn more about my own strange, interactive, unpredictable play.


As for the play itself, Bulldozers was originally written as part of the 5 x 5 Play Slam curated by Gregory Johnson and Montana Repertory Theatre.  Bulldozers has never been presented (or even rehearsed!), and there is a lot to discover since most of the characters are played by audience members.  And there is wolf.

Big thank yous to the Inge Fest for selecting the play, and to Montana Rep for prompting me to write it.  Thank you also to Rand Higbee for his insights into the Inge Fest experience.

Much love,

ROMERO