Monday, November 27, 2017

DOOR TO BALLOON Selected for First Flight Festival/NYC

My full-length play, Door to Balloon, was selected to be presented at 2018 First Flight New Play Festival, produced by Boomerang Theatre Company in New York City.

HECK YEAH.

I have worked with the good folks at Boomerang before and look forward to returning to their company to further explore this experimental, wild play. I am encouraged by the response this play continues to provoke, and super interested to continue learning from it.


Big thank yous to Boomerang for selecting this work and to all the excellent collaborators in Austin, Texas, and at the Last Frontier Theater Conference for the many gifts you have brought to me and this play.

I am grateful for the continued opportunities to improve the play, to engage deeply with people through that process, and to continue to learn through acts of creativity.

The full list of Finalists and more information about the project HERE.

much love,

ROMERO