Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Breathe Fire

Because I am a Drexel Dragon.


Tuesday, September 22nd begins my first day teaching in the Performing Arts department of the Antionette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design at Drexel University.

(can you feel the heat?)

As an Adjunct Faculty member, I will be leading a class of mostly first-term Playwriting/Screenwriting students through "Dramatic Analysis". We will get our hands super dirty taking apart a handful of plays from (and not from) the Western theater canon. And we will compare the dramatic structure of plays to the dramatic structure of the surrounding campus and West Philadelphia architecture.

And we will, of course, spend lots of time traversing through space.

I look forward to the adventures ahead, and thank Nick Anselmo (Theatre Program Director) for bringing me into the University. I look forward to getting to know another group of students, another campus, and to all of the wonderful discoveries ahead.

rock on,

ROMERO