Thursday, July 29, 2010

Interview on REP Radio

On July 17, 2010, the good folks of REP Radio interviewed me as part of their series "Inside the Writer's Mind". The interview was a lot of fun to do and I'm happy with how well it captures the personality of my work.


We talked about why I was wearing a mask, the strange live event/gift-exchanges I am creating, what it's like to be locked in a pharmaceutical clinic, why I give people toilets for their birthday, how I'm trying to re-create the rite of passage between life and death, and why I juggle ice cream at Reading Terminal Market.

Lots of fun names come up in conversation-- thank you for giving me stuff to talk about: Megan Slater, Andy Merkel, Lucy Walters, Andrew Beal, Sarah Bowden, Christiana Molldrem, The Rotunda, Chris Morse, Working Man's Clothes Productions, Audacity Theatre Lab, Austin Texas, Nicole Garman, and my Mom (and many others).

Big thank yous to Represented Theater Company, and to the intrepid Todd Holtsberry and Krissy Scatton for taking the time to get to know me.

You can access REP Radio's achives here, click on episode 107 ("Greg Romero") to check it out.

rock on,

ROMERO