Friday, November 16, 2007

THREE CARD WEASEL in a 4' x 4' box

As part of Philadelphia Dramatists' Center's project, "Primary Stages", my short play Three Card Weasel will be performed, script-in-hand, inside of a 4 foot by 4 foot stage. This will be a fun challenge (which is why the play was chosen) because there is alot of physical action, including a character attacking another character with a donut.

I've learned alot from this experience already (I did a huge rewrite on this piece) and thank director Wally Zialcita for asking me to send him some plays and for captaining the ship. I also thank Todd Holtsberry for producing this thing and for, unbeknownst to me, acting in two other plays of mine (the world gets smaller). I look forward to continuing to meet some of the cool people doing interesting theatre in Philadelphia.

The show details (people details soon to follow):

"Primary Stages : 4 x 4"
Produced by Philadelphia Dramatists Center
The Shubin Theatre
407 Bainbridge St
Philadelphia PA

Tuesday, November 20th, 8:00 pm

The evening will also feature plays by Philly-area scribes Matt Casarino, Alex Dremann, Robin Rodriguez, and Tawn Stokes.

(and I'm told there might be Vienna Sausages)

rock on,


ROMERO