Monday, July 16, 2007

Lullaby Closes (Again) But Not For Long (Again)

One of the biggest reasons I create theatre is to create opportunity for humans to come together. Saturday, July 14th, was about as awesome an example as I could imagine.

The wonderful people of City Attic Theatre and The Cardboard Box Collaborative joined forces to present a one-night performance of The Most Beautiful Lullaby You've Ever Heard, and I was moved, once again, by the spirit and depth of the human heart.

In a couple of days, some incredible people came together, worked together, transformed space, dug deep, took care of each other, and put up a really wonderful show for a full and fully-engaged audience.

Sometimes I feel like the luckiest person in the world.

The event was successful, if bittersweet (as most closings are).

I will miss the wonderful people who made all of this happen, but I know that we will all see each other and work together again soon. Because that's what awesome people do.

In the meantime, the projects continue...and another production of Lullaby (to be announced soon) will come to life in the very near future.

rock on,


ROMERO