Monday, April 30, 2007

FuckPlays Closes

On Friday night, April 27th, and after five performances at the Ohio Theatre in Soho and four shows at Galapagos Art Space in Williamsburg, the curtain came down on FuckPlays, produced by Working Man's Clothes.

It was a successful show-- lots of good press, lots of sold-out houses, lots of good times. It was a fun project and I'm grateful that it gave me the opportunity to meet and work with some new people that I genuinely like. The people of Working Man's Clothes' are good folks and I thank them for the opportunity and hope to see them again.

As for my play, Sharpen My Dick, I look forward to it having a life beyond this production (I wrote it specifically for this project, hoping they'd select it blindly), though predicting the life of a ten-minute play is dicey at best. I did learn alot by seeing it in three-dimensions (and in full production), which unfortunately I didn't get to experience until opening night. I regret not being present for the working process, and I admit I felt a little bit helpless watching the show knowing that I could have improved the script, but also knowing it was too late to do anything about it.

I thank director Cole Wimpee and actors Robert Funaro, Will Neuman, and Lucy Walters for the work they put into the show-- their genuine affection for the project was clear to me and that was a really nice reward.

I also thank all the friends who came out to see the show-- your support continues to keep me moving forward.


Rock on,


ROMERO