Friday, June 07, 2013

One of my Plays is Currently Benefitting Animals in Arizona

My short play, The Race, is currently running in Prescott, Arizona, thanks to the good folks at The@trics Theatre.  As bonus, the event, Pet Plays, is a benefit to raise funds for the Yavapai Humane Society.

As someone who LOVES animals, this brings me great joy.



As the poster indicates, there are four performances, running from June 6th - 8th, all taking place at First Congregational Church.  I wish I could be there to see all these pets.

It also brings me great joy that this play, which steps inside of a dog's dreams, also honors two dear friends who I originally wrote the play for -- Ann Taylor and Timothy Verret -- over ten years ago while living in Austin, Texas.  I'm so happy that The Race lives on, and in such a purposeful way.

Big thank yous to The@trics Theatre and best of luck to them and to all the awesome animals receiving love from the Yavapai Humane Society.

much love,

ROMERO